Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tattershall Trinity Collegiate Church 23/04/07





If you have visited this blog before and looked at any of my photographs you will notice that these ones are a little different. The reason is I have a new lens, I got my hands an an ex rental 15mm 3.5 Nikkor from Calumet.
This is a really wide angle lens, despite the extreme wide angle (for film) it has very little distortion the lines in the church are not bent all over the place. Although I would love a very inexpensive wide angle with loads of distortion.
This lens is ideal for interiors of buildings, you have to be careful with this lens as it has a very large and rather exposed front element, and it is prone to flair.
I have also been experimenting with Tri-X and dilute Microdol-x. The microdol x yields extremely fine grain when used un diluted, you do loose a bit of emulsion speed, and its not terribly sharp, (great for portraits) When you use it at 1-3 you get a bit more speed and actuance and a compensating effect, just the job for inside churches.

Nikon FE, Nikon 15mm f 3.5 Film. Kodak Tri-X Pan Dev. Kodk Microdol-x 1-3

No comments: