Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Only in Norwich 23-06-07


I got the train to Norwich on Saturday, I have not been there for a while, I have photographed this chap before but I couldn't resist another shot. Boston would be a whole lot more interesting with people like this on the streets.
I was using a film that I have not used before, it is call ERA Pan, it is made in China it is very inexpensive and from my fist roll I will say its a very good film. good tones fine grain good sharpness and no nasty curl on the film which is a real pain if you are scanning.
I was also using my New canon A1 I had to get another one as my other one has electrical problems, it did suffer from shutter squeal which is common for A series Canons. The problem is caused by the reflex mirror brake bearings running dry and squealing when the mirror moves. Fortunately I was in a camera shop in Norwich and the proprietor fixed it for me free of charge, with a tiny drop of oil in the right place administered with a bent hypodermic needle. The A1 now sounds much better.
Canon A1 Canon 28-55 Zoom + YK2 filter. ERA 100 Pan Dev Kodak X-Tol Stock

No comments: