Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Boston 10/12/06 ADOX / EFKE CHS 25 + APH09



I haven't shot any slow B&W film for a while, I have mainly been shooting Tri-X and Delta 400. I was using a Leica II last week in Norwich and using Plus-X pan and Pan F+. You get so much more detail with the slower emultions.
Saturday was a very clear sunny day, an ideal oppertunity to use a 25 ASA film.
ADOX CHS 25 is one of the very few 25asa films on the market.
Both shots are shot using my 28mm f3.5 Nikkor + Yellow #1 Filter.
The film is developed in Adolux APH09 AKA old formula Rodinal, I used it at 1-100, this is supposed to give you soft negatives and fine grain. The negs are a bit on the soft side for scanning with my clunky old scanner, but will print well.
Nikon FE 28/3.5 Nikkor

1 comment:

Paul Gooch said...

I'm a photojournalist in Skegness, Lincolnshire, and use digital cameras, but looking at these pictures makes me want to use my film cameras again.
I think photographers sometimes forget, or never knew, just how versatile film can be, in the sense that you can experiment with different films and developing processes.
Really, the only good thing about digital cameras is that you can see where you have gone wrong. But if you know what you're doing, yo don't go wrong!
I have a Nikon FM2 and Mamiya 645 gathering dust, and might start using them again.
Paul Gooch
Working Photojournalist
www.theskegnessnews.co.uk