Monday, April 16, 2007

Skegness 15/04/07




** Click on images to view full size **


Sunday was very warm for April and brought the crowds to skegness.

I haven't been to Skegness for a while, As always its Tri-X developed in Rodinal for lots of grain and high contrast and sharpness. I have just started another 100 ft roll of Tri-X this is one of two rolls I purchased in the USA last year they had both been frozen so the film was good, this bulk roll is from the previous version of Tri-X it is labeled Tri-X Pan. The previous roll was the current Tri-X Professional. I have developed it slightly differently from my other Skegness shots, I used to rate the film at 400 asa and develop for 7 mins in 1:25 Rodinal. This time I have rated the Tri-X Pan at 320 ASA and developed for 6 mins. The next time I shoot this film in bright sunlight I would reduce the development time by about 1 minute as the negatives are a little bit to dense.

I was quite surprised how fast I got through my last 100 ft roll of Tri-x i am probably 20 feet into my current bulk roll!!, I will have to see if I can pick up a couple more bulk rolls of Tri-X on Ebay.



Canon A-1 Canon 28-55mm zoom +Hoya Red #25 filter in first two shots Film: Kodak Tri-X Pan Dev: Agfa Rodinal 1:24 6mins @20 degC





1 comment:

Michael said...

The second photo in this group of four is spectacularly evocative. Great shot!

Alas, I'm now heavily into digital photography after recently selling my Olympus OM-1n and OM3-Ti, but I'll always love film, particularly Tri-X.

All hope isn't lost, though: I recently picked up a vintage Nikkormat FT2 for $30 at a sidewalk sale in New York City. I can't get film out of my blood.